FLIP Fluids addon
FLIP Fluids addon – blender plugin : Are you frustrated with the current Blender fluid simulator? Are you tired of spending countless hours baking only to find that your simulation still just doesn’t look real? Do you love working in Blender but find that you have to use other software when you need a realistic fluid effect?
FLIP Fluids is a powerful liquid simulation addon that gives you the ability to create high quality cinematic fluid effects all within Blender! Created by Ryan Guy and Dennis Fassbaender.
The core fluid engine, a modern FLIP-based fluid solver, has been under development for over three years with over a year of development focused on tightly integrating the simulator into Blender as an addon.
The FLIP Fluids simulator was created to improve on many aspects of Blender’s internal Elbeem fluid simulation system such as speed, performance, accuracy, customizability, and user experience. We use a familiar and intuitive simulation workflow, so if you have experience with the internal fluid simulator or other fluid simulation software, you will be able to get yourself up and running with FLIP Fluids in no time!
- Pause a simulation and resume baking at your convenience. Any simulation can be continued from the last baked frame even after a crash or computer shutdown.
- Set length of animation manually or automatically by framerate.
- Nearly all simulation settings can be keyframe animated.
- Hover over any setting to view a tooltip description. Detailed settings documentation and tips are also available on the Wiki.
- Want to keep the same level of simulation detail while resizing the domain? Lock the simulation voxel size and the addon will automatically adjust grid resolution as you resize the domain.
- Manage your scene cache directory. Operators will help you rename, move, copy, or delete your cache files.
- Advanced settings for power users who want to experiment with simulation accuracy and performance.
- Control the amount of whitewater generated at wavecrests and in areas of high turbulence.
- Control how foam is carried along the fluid surface: In tight streaks, or diffuse and spread-out?
- Control how bubbles rise to the surface and how bubbles are advected with the fluid.
- Control amount of drag on spray particles as they fall to the fluid surface.
- Set percentages of foam/bubble/spray particles for display and rendering.
- Render whitewater particles with a simple icosphere or use your own custom object.
- Adjust particle size for the particle-to-mesh surface generator.
- Create high detail meshes by increasing the subdivision level.
- Generate meshes that wrap smoothly around curved surfaces.
Presets and Materials
- Save your own custom default domain settings.
- Create and manage domain presets.
- Organize presets into packages and add custom thumbnail images.
- Export and share preset packages.
- Apply multiple presets at once using the preset stack.
- Quickly apply materials from the fluid material library.
- View simulation, timing, and mesh stats for the entire cache or an individual frame.
- Export stats to CSV format and create your own detailed graphs.
- Visualize the simulation and meshing grid.
- Visualize fluid particles and velocities.
- Visualize how the simulator ‘sees’ your obstacle objects to diagnose issues with meshes.
- View detailed simulation progress in the Blender system console.
- Support for animated obstacle objects.
- Turn obstacle meshes ‘inside-out’ to contain fluid inside of the mesh.
- Accurate fluid-solid interaction against curved surfaces.
- Control amount of fluid friction against the obstacle surface.
Fluid and Inflow Objects
- Support for animated inflow objects.
- Manually set inflow velocity, or set velocity towards a target object.
- Add inflow object velocity to the emitted fluid for realistic animated inflows.
- Support for animated outflow objects.
- Control whether outflow objects remove fluid particles or whitewater particles.
- Control whether outflows will remove fluid entering the object or leaving the object.
FLIP Fluids Demo
Want to test the FLIP Fluids simulator on your machine? You may try the free demo version. This is a very limited version of the addon that will only allow you to run predefined scenes at preset resolutions. The demo will still allow you to playback and render your test case simulation. This version of the addon was used during the beta to test the simulator on testers’ machines and to gather simulation results for optimization
- Windows, macOS*, or Linux*
- Blender 2.79 (64-bit)
- CPU 64-bit Intel® or AMD® multi-core processor
- 8 GB RAM minimum, 16 GB or more of RAM memory is highly recommended
Pictures of this plugin :
Watch the Introduction Video:
Direct download links 234 MB :
CGArchives Is The Best