Hard Surface Modeling Basics
Male Character Creation in Zbrush : Do you have problems modelling male anatomy, face, hair and beard?
Are you ready to learn how to make a realistic high poly model, Armour, clothes, weapons and everything only in Zbrush, fast and efficient?
Then I welcome you to Nexttut education’s “Male Character Creation in Zbrush” course.
- You need to have a basic knowledge of how Zbrush works.
My name is Nikolay and I am a 3D character artist for games for about 10 years now. I have worked for numerous games and currently work for one of the world’s most famous game companies – Gameloft.
GOAL OF THE COURSE : By the end of this course, you’ll be able to model advanced male characters with clothing, accessories and weapons in Zbrush from start to finish.
IN THIS COURSE YOU WILL LEARN :
- Sculpting the male head
- Sculpting the male body
- Refining the head and body with skin detail
- Making the 3D sketch of the whole model
- Making clothes, belts, chain armor and armor
- Making a saber, dagger, spear, mace and battleaxe
- Polypaint the character
- Posing the character
- Making the beard and hair with Fibermesh
- Rendering the character with passes
- Composing a final render in Photoshop
We will start by spending 30 minutes to customize our workflow in Zbrush so we could work much faster and efficient. Then we will make the head of our warrior where i will explain what you should watch for in a head modelling.
Then we will make a placeholder hair, beard and eyes from scratch. After that we will make the body, again from sphere, following our concept.
After we are done with the body, we will start making 3D sketch of our model, to get the correct placement of all our accessories, clothes and armors. This is a pretty important stage, in the end of which we will have very good idea how our model will look when it’s finished.
Then it will be time to start extracting clothes, belts and other pieces of clothing.
We will also make a brush which will make the placement of all those small metal parts like belt buckles and caps, very easy and fast.
After that we will start refining all those things that we have made, and the model will start to look pretty good. Then it will be time to do the all the weapons of our character, which include the saber, Axe, mace, dagger and a spear, separately, and add them to the scene. Once we are happy with the overall look of our character i will show you how to make good pose with the transpose master in Zbrush. Then it will be time to take care for the beard and hair, all done in Zbrush’s Fibermesh. Finally we will make the render passes in Zbrush and combine them in Photoshop, to achieve the best possible look for our model.
IDEAL STUDENTS :
- I have designed this course for intermediate 3d modeling students, who wants to model beautiful looking production ready male characters for games but they struggle to get it because they don’t find a tutorial which is step by step, no fast forward, no skip and coming from a production artist who is doing this for years.
- The course is also for artists who wants to speed up their workflow in Zbrush and improve their skill in making male anatomy, hair, beard, weapons, clothes and accessories.
WHO IS NOT THE IDEAL STUDENT :
This course is not designed for absolute Zbrush beginners, so I expect you to have some sort of Zbrush experience. But intermediate Zbrush users, and even professionals could learn a lot from the techniques and workflow I show in this course.
Who this course is for:
- Intermediate 3d modeling students, who wants to model beautiful looking production ready male characters for games but they struggle to get it because they don’t find a tutorial which is step by step, no fast forward, no skip and coming from a production artist who is doing this for years.
- Artists who wants to speed up their workflow in Zbrush and improve their skill in making male anatomy, hair, beard, weapons, clothes and accessories.
Watch the Introduction Video :
Direct download links 10.3 GB :
CGArchives Is The Best