Generate a 3D model from photos
Generate a 3D model from photos using Agisoft PhotoScan : Learn how to create highly detailed and accurate 3D models with texture by means of Photogrammetry, that is 2D images processed into 3D models.
- A computer running Windows/MacOS/Linux is needed to run the main software of this course.
- If the students want to produce 3D models based of their own photo series then they need access to a camera
- that can produce sharp images. High-end mobile phone camera or better is recommended.
Create accurate and high resolution models with ease with this course.
- Create highly detailed and accurate models of real world objects.
- Save time and effort by this new way of creating 3D-models.
- Generate high resolution textures for your model.
The benefit of using this method for creating a 3D model is that you will get highly accurate representations of a real world object when it comes to proportions and texture. With the right workflow and pipeline this method can potentially also save you much time in comparison to modelling and texturing manually. Several big production companies use this method for creating their 3D content for these reasons.
After completing this course you will be able to create a 3D model with texture of your own using Agisoft PhotoScan. The same basic principals apply to other photography based photogrammetry software as well.
This course is aimed towards those who have no prior experience working with photogrammetry or Agisoft PhotoScan. At the end of the course we will also briefly look at how you can approach retopologizing/decimating your model to fit your end needs, i.e. creating a version of the models with your desired about of polygons.
The only prerequisite you will need for this course is a fairly capable computer running Windows, MacOS or Linux to participate. Preferably you also own or have access to a digital camera to work with your own unique projects, but you will get access to a few series of photos that you may use for learning purposes. Agisoft PhotoScan is available as a trial and a demo version for those who do not own the software yet or just want to try it out. These versions will work perfectly fine for this course*.
* The demo version cannot export the results and therefor you cannot try out the retopology/decimation parts of this course with it.
Who this course is for :
- 3D graphics enthusiasts should take this course
- Photography enthusiasts should take this course
- Computer savvy students should take this course
- Technology interested students should take this course
- Students unfamiliar with using a computer should not take this course
- Students who have no means what so ever to take/aquire sharp photos have little to benefit from this course.
- High-end mobile phone camera or better is recommended.
What you’ll learn
- Generate 3D models from a series of photos
- Generate a texture for said 3D model from a series of photos
- Optimize camera settings for good results
Watch the Introduction Video :
Direct download links 0.7 GB :
CGArchives Is The Best