Drawing Basics – David Jamieson : The ability to make beautiful drawings is the product of a well-developed skill set – a family of related abilities of the hand, the eye, and the mind, that together give an artist the tools required to draw anything. But these fundamental skills are often overlooked in introductory drawing courses and instructional DVDs, and even in art colleges, where the true “basics” are ignored – bypassed in favor of more advanced material.
But this isn’t in the best interest of students – particularly beginners. Asking someone to draw a portrait, or a figure, or a complex still life before they’ve learned to hold a pencil, draw a line, build a simple shape, or create a careful progression of values is bound to cause frustration for everyone. Too frequently, beginning students encounter the difficulty of learning to draw while attempting something inappropriately advanced and give up, deciding – prematurely – that they simply “can’t draw”, when in fact they just haven’t been shown how to develop their skills from the ground up.
Drawing Basics is our attempt to address this problem. It’s what we call a “skills course” because it focuses on fostering drawing ability through a series of exercises. The emphasis is not on producing a finished “work of art” by the end of the course, but rather on practice and repetition to develop a fundamental skill set. We assume no prior knowledge or experience in drawing, and the course proceeds sequentially, each lesson building upon what was presented previously.
What You’ll Learn in Drawing Basics – The Online Course
- A sequential method for drawing that works for drawing anything.
- Helpful exercises for developing your skills.
- Methods of measuring and sighting that help you understand the proportions of your subject and help you identify and solve problems.
- Details about the drawing materials I use and why.
- How to think about light and form and their interaction.
- How to use “squinting” to understand the value relationships on your subject and in your drawing.
- How to capture subtle curvature easily and accurately.
Watch the Introduction Video :
Direct download links 15.4 GB :
CGArchives Is The Best