80s Retro Text Animation
80s Retro Text Animation in After Effects : Retro has resurfaced big time, and along with that comes synthwave – a very certain style in motion design and animation. In this course I will teach you how to catch the essence of a style and implement it in your work. Along with that, you will be taught the basics of editing graphs, sequencing and how to create a look using a bunch of different effects.
This class is meant for everyone, as I will be explaining the concepts in depth while also touching on why you should be doing certain things. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them on the community tab or have a look at the project file located under “Projects & Resources”.
- Inspiration, fonts and Colors: I will show you how to figure out certain characteristics for a style, and how to use fonts & colors according to that.
- Typography Layout: Using the fonts and colors you found, we will start creating a layout in Illustrator and making the text ready to import into After Effects.
- Text: Write On: By using the stroke effect, you will be animating the write on for each individual letter, and we will start looking at the value- and speed graph.
- Text: Position: You will learn about the 3 different axes when it comes to position, and we will be animating the x- and z-position.
- The Echo Effect: An adjustment layer will be used to add a streak effect to the entire animation, also known as “echo”.
- Blinking Text: Experimenting with hold keyframes, you will be animating a blinking neon type effect for the 80s text.
- Sequencing: Sequencing will be used on all elements to make it more interesting to look at and less bland overall.
- Making the Text Pop: You will be learning about all sorts of effects to make the text stand more out against the solid colored background.
- Background: Grid: Using the build in grid effect, you will create a grid that will be placed in 3D space and animated to fit the composition.
- Background: Twinkling Stars: Stars look great, but they look even better, when they are twinkling. That’s why you will be creating just that using different effects and a luma matte.
- 80s Look: You will be using all sorts of different effects to achieve the overall style of the 80s look. This includes, grain, vignette, VHS lines and so on.
- Camera Animation: Introducing camera animation into the workflow, the animation becomes more alive, and you will learn my best techniques for doing exactly this.
Watch the Introduction Video :
Direct download links 1.4 GB :
CGArchives Is The Best