Phoenix FD Large-Scale Water FX
Phoenix FD Large-Scale Water FX Course : I’ve always found liquid simulations fascinating, so in 2012 I started learning RealFlow. Now don’t get me wrong, I think RealFlow is a great software for certain scPhoenix FD in 3ds max tutorial enarios, but trying to do a shot of a ship going through water, with splash and foam, and an infinite ocean, turned out to be an absolute nightmare.
It’s because all of the simulation & meshing lives outside of 3Ds Max, so I had to export my animation from Max, import into RealFlow, run the sim, run the mesher, and worst part? Trying to somehow render splash & foam. Turns out you need another expensive plug-in called Karakatoa to read splash particles in Max, and even then they won’t properly render mixing with the water without compositing trickery. Not to mention it was all taking forever to load up and render, and I never figured out how to extend the sim box into an infinite ocean either.
Constantly going back and forth between Max and RealFlow was driving me crazy and killing my productivity. In complete frustration, I shelved the project.
But then in 2016, Phoenix FD 3.0 was released, and it was love at first sight.
The Phoenix Difference
- Phoenix FD is the only fluid dynamics plugin that allows you to create water simulations with splash and foam entirely within 3Ds Max
- All-in-one solution to create water FX start-to-finish, including meshing, particle rendering & infinite oceans. It’s the full package.
- Optimized to work well with Vray, it handles & renders millions of particles FAST
- Used in production on major motion pictures & TV Shows such as Game of Thrones
You’ve heard me say this before, but it’s worth repeating
At a certain point you realize that you can either keep wasting your life away waiting for tutorials to pop up on Youtube, or you can skip all that, and take the shortcut to actual RESULTS. If I could go back in time to 3 years ago when I started learning Phoenix, and an actual professional made a step-by-step course that would teach me everything I need to know to make cool stuff NOW I would have jumped on the opportunity in a heartbeat. If you’re serious about acquiring new skills, you eventually realize that time is very precious, and investing a little bit of money to RAPIDLY advance your career is extremely worth it in the long run.
Covered FX Shots Include
I’ve designed this to be the only course on this topic you’ll ever need to take. There are so many different techniques and lessons to be learned from all of these examples. Each one will teach you something new. By the end of this course, you’ll have the skills to create just about any water effect imaginable.
You Will Learn How To:
- Create large water simulations from ship wakes to rivers & waterfalls
- Add realistic splash, foam, & mist and learn how to control them
- Extend your base water sim seamlessly into an infinite ocean
- Discover new features in Phoenix FD 4
- Optimize and speed up your simulations & rendering
- Add Wet-maps to make objects appear wet when water touches them (e.g. beach sand)
- Use V-ray sun for daylight lighting
- Setup a realistic ocean shader
Why This Course?
I made the course I wish had existed when I started learning Phoenix FD. I’m going to teach you:
- exactly how this plugin works
- what each and every setting does & how it influences the simulation
- the common mistakes & pitfalls to avoid
- how to stop simulations from taking forever to run
- why it’s taking days to render instead of hours
- why the foam is flickering and/or disappearing
- why the ship isn’t interacting with the water as expected
This is The Most Definitive And Entirely Comprehensive Phoenix FD Water FX Course
Level up your reel and portfolio, wow your clients with premium visuals & start charging more for your work today. The transformation you will go through as you take the course will give you the tools and confidence to set-up a variety of unique water simulations for your own reel, give you very cool stuff to post on Instagram, wow your friends and take your work to a whole new level.
There are so many opportunities and so few people that can do this type of work
- Music videos & VFX for films and TV shows
- Concert visuals & Tradeshow displays & Commercials
- The shipping & oil industries
- Luxury product videos (yachts, ships) & Waterproof products
- and much more
Pictures of this course :
Watch the Introduction Video :
Direct download links 3.9 GB :
CGArchives Is The Best