Mastering 3D Modeling In Cinema 4D
Throughout this new series, we´ll get ourselves familiar with key aspects of 3D modeling. We´ll start with exploring and refining basic shapes, and over time we´ll move on, and start re-using already established geometry, to create new set of polygons and explore details even further.
Goal of this series is to expand our knowledge beyond basics, take a look into techniques used to create interesting and complex shapes that finally will define our concept art.
Featuring over 20 hours of training, we´ll go over few techniques used to create a polished final model.
We´ll start with quick C4D tools introduction, then move on into creating our base mesh, and create idea for our concept. Once we have our shapes established, we´ll do mesh refinement and adjustments before moving on.
To create certain level of detail, first we´ll make sure our base mesh is developed, then we´ll start with detailing stage. In this stage we´ll go over few topics like:
- Creating custom Hair instances
- Using Spline Wrap to create set of cables
- Working with Cloner object to create grid parts
- Using existing edges to generate splines and later cables
- Working with Local Subdivision
- Managing smooth surface details
- Problem solving like dealing with surface deformations, fixing bad topology
- Working with edge heavy geometry
- BONUS: Working on faster and alternative modeling method. Creating heavy back joints
Each video lesson is between 20 and 40 minutes long, and each lesson has it´s own project file, representing certain stage in our modeling. This way you are free to follow along from beginning to end using the same files as seen in current video tutorial.
Direct download links : 26 GB
CGArchives Is The Best