Fundamentals of CG VFX Compositing
Fundamentals of CG VFX Compositing in Nuke : This is an extensive Nuke Compositing course on CGI (Computer Generated Imagery) compositing inside of Nuke from an Industry Professional with years of Hollywood feature film experience.
- Have a basic knowledge of Nuke’s interface and nodes (Can be found in my class, NK101)
- Have a basic knowledge of the 3d system inside of Nuke (Can be found in my class, NK202)
- You must have Nuke and a computer that can run Nuke.
- 60gb of computer storage (For all of the project files. It is downloaded as a 7gb compressed file)
Why learn from this course?
This course is providing a CGI render, footage, and all of the elements necessary to composite a CG shot. It is difficult to find high quality courses on the internet for a good price to learn this set of skills, and a course equivalent to this would cost $1000 or more from a VFX university. Not only are you receiving all of these elements which Alex has specifically created for this course, you will be guided by an industry professional who has worked at the top visual effects studios in the world. This is a major bargain and extremely great opportunity for someone who wants to learn to become a compositor.
Your instructor has worked on feature films such as:
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
- Avengers: Endgame
- X-Men Apocalypse
- The Mandalorian
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find them
….And many more.
What is this class about?
You will learn CG compositing techniques, up to an intermediate level, as well as advanced color grading techniques. By the end of this course, you will have successfully composited a fake render seamlessly into the real world.
First, what do I need to know entering this course?:
- A basic understanding of Nuke and Nuke’s interface (Taught Alex’s Udemy class, NK101).
- Knowledege about the basic nodes in nuke, and beginner level color correction concepts (Taught Alex’s Udemy class, NK101).
- Beginner level knowledge on the 3d system in Nuke (Taught Alex’s Udemy class, NK202).
What skills will I learn?
- CG Compositing Soft Skills (Understanding the basics of lighting, shadows, reflections, and other physical properties of the real world)
- Multi-pass CG compositing: Learning how to break a render into layers and control individual elements
- Grading CG to match real world footage
- Using “utility” passes to enhance a CG render
- Creating light effects and glows based off of luminance keys and ID mattes
- Creating particle rain with light interaction
- Creating fake refractions inside of Nuke
- Projecting color grade mattes to adjust the look of a scene
- Artistic grading concepts and compositional lighting techniques
- Using mathematical expressions to generate 3d noise patterns
- Extra techniques and tricks along the way
What projects do I get to work on in this course?:
There’s only one project, but it’s a very long one. You will composite a Porsche 911 into a real scene. You will start with a CGI render that is provided to you, but your job will be to make it look photorealistic. Of course, Alex will teach you how to achieve this!
These techniques are absolutely vital to learn if you wish to pursue becoming a better compositor. Knowing where I was when I started, I would have jumped on this class in a heartbeat as the knowledge being conveyed is from actual experience.
Who this course is for:
- Beginners / Intermediate users learning Nuke but already have a foundational understanding of the 2d and 3d system in nuke
- People who have already taken NK101 and NK202, my previous classes
- Individuals looking for a deeper education in Compositing for a very good price
Who this course is for:
- Beginner / Intermediate compositors looking to expand their skillset
Watch the Introduction Video :
Direct download links 1.3 GB :
CGArchives Is The Best