Foundations 9 – Introduction to Unique and Appealing Character Design
Unique and Appealing Character Design
Introduction to Unique and Appealing Character Design : Have you ever felt lost creating a character? Have you ever wondered how to take your character designs to the next level, and really make them pop? Or do you just want to bring an extra dimension of magic to your drawings? Readers fill their lives with their favorite characters, and good character design principles can help you make a compelling, memorable cast.
In this course, professional children’s book illustrator Anna Daviscourt offers a framework to build your character from the ground up, with different tips, tricks, and strategies that will help you put pencil to paper to create something unique. She covers every step of the design process and guides you through your own draw-along project.
This course will help you design an interesting and diverse cast for a story, with demonstrations and examples from Anna that illustrate her design and decision making process.
In this course you will create a line up of 5 distinct characters.
In this class you will learn:
- How you can bring your distinctive voice to a classic source material
- How to push your shapes to breaking point and find the golden median
- Why proportions can make or break a character lineup
- Which types of costumes work, and which don’t
- How to add subtle details to communicate information and build up the world of your story
- How to “bank” ideas for later during the brainstorming process
- How to know the impossible — when your design is done
Watch the Introduction Video :
Direct download links 1 GB :
CGArchives Is The Best
Review this tutorial