Simple Traffic System
Simple Traffic System allows for quick creation of waypoint based routes that can be interconnected in a modular way to create traffic routes on roads in your scenes. The primary logic is highly optimized using the new C# Job System and Burst Compiler for multi-threading.
AI traffic logic is handled by a single AI Traffic Controller that AI Traffic Cars register to. This is a data oriented logic structure and allows the AI logic to run in parallel jobs spread across all available cores to reduce cpu usage on the main thread.
- No DLLs: Full source provided!
- Modular: create, connect, and edit waypoint routes for AI cars to follow.
- Waypoint Based: each waypoint can set speed limit, call stop driving, be a junction to new route point(s), or trigger custom events via Unity inspector.
- Traffic Lights: control when AI cars can exit waypoint routes.
- Yield Triggers: control when AI cars can proceed to next waypoint at intersections with traffic lights.
- Traffic Stops: control when AI cars can exit waypoint routes.
- Pooling System: disables cars far away from the player, and spawn cars around the player; allows scaling up scene size without using more cars.
- Unity Physics Components: AI cars use Rigidbody and Wheel Colliders.
- Vehicle Types: define which cars can spawn/merge onto which routes.
- Volume Sensors: more accurate detection compared to raycasts; uses layer mask to determine which objects should be detected.
- Open the Player Settings (Edit -> Project Settings -> Player), set API Compatibility Level .Net 4.x
- Open the Package Manager (Window -> Package Manager), install Burst 1.2.3, install Collections 0.1.1
- To use the burst compiler in standalone builds, you need to install the Windows SDK and VC++ toolkit from the Visual Studio Installer.
Watch the Introduction Video :
Direct download links 28 MB :
CGArchives Is The Best