Filo – The Cable Simulator is a physics add-on for Unity that enables realistic simulation of 3D complex cable-driven systems (no 2D support yet).
Works in all platforms. Full C# code included.
Instead of simulating cables themselves as chains of interconnected bodies/particles, Filo focuses on the effect those cables have on the objects around them. This results in extremely fast, stable and accurate simulations, that cannot be achieved with traditional approaches.
Setup is very quick and easy: cables are defined by selecting the objects they connect, and how the cable is linked to them.
4 link types are supported:
- Rolling contact
- Attachment/rolling contact hybrid (spool)
- Pinhole slider
What it does:
- Simulate large cable driven systems, composed of multiple cables.
- Support large mass ratios.
- Support arbitrarily long cable segments.
What it doesn’t do:
- Free cable simulation.
- Collision detection/response against colliders other than those specified as part of the cable path.
- Frictional contacts.
- Cable self-collision/knotting.
- Cable twisting.
Watch the Introduction Video :
Direct download links 10 MB :
CGArchives Is The Best