Compass Navigator Pro
Compass Navigator Pro is an UI component (compass + minimap) commonly used in adventure, RPG and world exploration games to show destinations and point of interests (POIs) as well as text indications.
This package includes:
- rich and customizable compass bar (4 designs),
- mini-map (3 styles + custom) + fog of war system,
- 11 unique, hand-drawn, high quality icons in 2 colors each (22 icons in total),
- 5 audio clips for the reveal effect.
- Easy to use – drag & drop prefab and you’re set!
- Custom designed and customizable compass bar with 4 art styles (rounded, angled, celtic black and white) with adjustable vertical position, bending amount, width, alpha, edge fade and fade in/out effects.
- Advanced Mini-Map. Configure size, style, alpha, zoom range, camera snapshot mode and projection, zoom range, icons size, etc. Includes buttons for zooming in/out, maximize.
- Hide unexplored areas in the mini-map with the fog of war feature.
- High resolution icons with customizable behaviour (smooth fade in/out and scaling, visited vs non-visited icons, black and white variations).
- Add your own icons or use the icons included in the asset: cave, city, dock, dungeon, forest, lighthouse, mine, monolith, palace, tower, generic.
- Show animated text under or on top of the compass bar when discovering new locations.
- Show optional title with location tips (above/below) and distance in meters for the centered POI in the bar.
- Supports cardinal and ordinal points plus half winds.
- Light Beacons! that briefly highlight the visible POI in front of your player view (check out the video demo below). Works great with Beautify’s bloom.
- Heartbeat option: plays custom audio clip at variable interval rate based on distance.
- Can focus on one POI, making its icon always visible in the compass bar.
- Can show in-scene gizmos during playmode, like active destination icon, which helps the player to get to the exact point.
- Can play audio clips when locations are discovered. 5 high-quality sound clips are included.
- Easy to use event system to react to location discovering (check manual), icon appearing/disappearing on the compass or mini-map, mouse over/clicks on minimap icons, …
- Can use two icon variations per POI, to differentiate unexplored and explored locations.
- Option to automatically hide if no POIs are visible.
- Clear entire fog areas based on fog volumes or easily clear fog as player crosses the area.
- Supports multiple scenes (eg. existing POIs can preserve their visited state between scene changes).
- Integrated Menu Items to quickly create new POI game objects or attach a POI component to an existing game object.
- Compatible with Gaia. Easily populate the compass bar with spawned game objects created by Gaia.
- Documented API. Manual included.
- Uses Unity UI system.
- Compatible with Unity 2018 and up.
- Compatible with Standard, URP and HDRP.
- Optimal mini-map system, uses smart snapshots to capture map only when needed. Highest performance.
Watch the Introduction Video :
Direct download links 8 MB :
CGArchives Is The Best