Designing the Slim Male Character
Designing the Slim Male Character : The Characters in this course are based on a young teenage Hero who works back stage at a theatre who then finds out that the Villain, “a crazy magician” has enslaved many bunny rabbits to pull out of a hat in every magic show he performs. Having pre-planned the characters and personalities for a story…. makes life very easy for a character designer to start developing. Paris Christou takes all the imaginative information of each character and demonstrates the stages to design the Hero and the Villain.
The software used to demonstrate is Autodesk Sketchbook Pro
but you can also follow along with any major artistic software or your traditional pencil and paper.
STAGE 1 : “The Library ” : Total running time : 43 MINUTES
BUILDING A LIBRARY OF FACIAL FEATURES
- Create different styles of eyes, eye shapes, expressions and positions
- Create a library of many noses and ears
- Create different types of head shapes
STAGE 2 : “Designing the Heads ” : Total running time : 1 HOUR 42 MINUTES
DESIGNING THE HEADS FOR THE HERO AND THE VILLAIN
- Design process of creating the heads and expression for the HERO and the Villain
- Experimenting with specific features from the library to form the faces
- Practicing to get familiar with the characters face
STAGE 3 : “Designing the Bodies” : Total running time : 2 HOURS 8 MINUTES
DESIGNING THE BODIES FOR THE HERO AND THE VILLAIN
- Demonstrating how to draw different styles of hands, hand gestures, feet and shoes
- Designing the Heroes body and outfit
- Designing the Villains body and outfit
BONUS MATERIAL : Total running time : 24 MINUTES
- A folder with all the drawings created in each stage, plus the signed final Character Sheet.
Watch the Introduction Video :
Direct download links 1.6 GB :
CGArchives Is The Best