Luminous Lighting in Mixed Media : Let it glow, let it glow, can’t hold it back anymore! In this traditional painting class, pro illustrator Lee White demos how to build up lighting in a painting and give it that luminous glow.
Time to splash some paint around!
This painting demonstration video shows how to handle a tricky lighting situation in watercolor/mixed media. Starting from a simple sketch, Lee shows how to refine the sketch and get it ready for painting. Once the drawing is on the watercolor board, lee shows all the steps along to way to build up lighting and control the paint during the process. There is ample time given to explaining the process as the image goes from a line drawing to a fully realized painting. A variety of media will be used including watercolor, acrylic, colored pencil, watercolor pencils, and ink.
This demo is available for download immediately and includes a final painting jpeg, a sketch jpeg (for following along if desired). There is a section dedicated to materials in the video so you have everything you need to try these techniques out.
In this class you will learn:
- Building up a sketch from a thumbnail to a more finished sketch
- Using liquid frisket to save areas of white
- Using limited values and color to make the painting process simple and more direct
- how to mix all sorts of different media ranging from watercolor, acrylic, colored pencil, watercolor pencils, and ink
- Control gradients to achieve soft lighting and edges
- Integrating wet washes onto dry previously painted areas
- Keeping energy in the work and avoiding tightening up when going to finish
- Painting from start to finish
Direct download links 1.2 GB :
CGArchives Is The Best