Photographing the World 3
Photographing the World 3 : Advanced Cityscapes : Back in 2014 teamed up with landscape photographer Elia Locardi to produce two unique photography tutorials titled Photographing the World. In the first tutorial, Photographing The World: Landscape Photography and Post-Processing, Elia set out to build an introductory course that explores both his on-location shooting techniques along with his sophisticated post processing. In the second tutorial, Photographing the World: Cityscape, Astrophotography, and Advanced Post-Processing, Elia switches gears by photographing some of the world’s most beautiful cityscapes as well as introducing much more complex editing techniques in Photoshop.
In 2017 we are excited to announce that the world wide journey continues with Photographing the World III! In this tutorial, Elia explores his favorite country, Italy, as well as two of the largest mega cities in the world, New York City and Dubai. Building upon the first two Photographing the World series, part III explores more advanced editing techniques as well as unique capturing methods in the field. Elia finds himself capturing stars in a city, dealing with harsh weather, scouting towns he has never previously visited, gaining access to unique rooftop views, using tilt shift lenses and Gigapan hardware, and even capturing the magnificant fog of Dubai. If you have been waiting for our next adventure with Elia Locardi, welcome to Photographing the World III!
Elia Locardi is an internationally acclaimed professional travel photographer, Fujifilm Global Ambassador, writer, public speaker and highly experienced educator who spends his life shooting some of the most beautiful locations in the world. Location independent since March of 2012, he and his wife live a 100% mobile lifestyle, perpetually traveling from country to country, continuously circling the globe. Since he began traveling full-time in 2009, he has visited more than 55 countries and flown almost two million miles.
Using a combination of traditional in-camera techniques, targeted times of day, and advanced post-processing methods, Elia has developed a widely recognized and highly unique style of travel photography. With each photograph, his goal is to share his vision so others can see the world as he does, full of color, texture, depth and emotion.
Here are a few before and after images from Photographing the World III
Learn Photography On Location
As with every tutorial in the Photographing the World series, Elia takes you across the globe and shares with you the real world shooting situations he deals with out in the field. Each lesson begins with an in depth exploration of the location being photographed. This means Elia walks you through all of his scouting tips, how he composes his camera, the lighting challenges he is faced with, and all of the technical camera settings he uses for a particular location. Not only are you able to see how the lighting and weather changes throughout the shoot, but you also get a one on one view into the process Elia uses to capture his raw files in the field. By watching Elia work through each of his photographers, you will be able to learn how to master all of the techniques needed to capture your own travel photos at the highest quality.
The Post-processing methods used in this tutorial are as non-destructive as possible using a combination of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Lightroom. With precision and the highest quality output in mind, every technique learned can be applied using a fast and efficient 100% manual workflow that relies on no third party plug-ins. Whether you’re showing your work in an online portfolio or preparing images for high resolution printing, this workflow is designed to help empower you to get the highest quality and most seamless results possible.
Elia has become widely known for a process he calls ‘Blending Moments in Time,’ where he takes a series of photos captured all the way through sunset and blue hour and combines them together into one seamless image. This process is designed to encapsulate the entire memory of a location, from the vividness of an epic sunset, to the beautiful soft artificial lights of a city or town. This workflow is designed to show students how they can achieve this same world class and unique look for themselves. And though it is a highly digital process, Elia walks you through step-by-step and shows you how easy and fun post-processing can be.
Learn Advanced Panoramic Stitching
Nothing captures the expanse horizon of a mega city like Dubai better than a stiched pano image. Throughout this tutorial, Elia shows you some of his most valuable techniques for capturing multiple images and seamlessly stitching them into a single, mega high resolution panoramic photograph. Wether you find yourself needing to drop in a sky replacement, blend moments in time, or remove foreground obstructions, Elia’s lessons on panoramic photography will give you the tools to capture as much detail as possible while showcasing the largest field of view possible.
What’s included in the Digital Download:
- 18 Hours of Video Content (1080p, 23.9fps, H.264 mpg4, over 25GB of material)
- 14 On Location and Studio Post-processing Lessons
- Full RAW files and companion software catalogs so you can follow along (Lightroom catalogs and Photoshop PSDs)
- 13 Behind the Scenes episodes of our experiences traveling and filming this incredible project
- Private Elia Facebook Group access for extended education and photo sharing
What’s Covered in this Tutorial
- In-Camera Photography Techniques (ISO, Shutter Speed, Aperture, White Balance, etc)
- Overview of ideal lenses and gear for Cityscape and Astrophotography
- Examples of New Lightweight Tripods, Clamps, and Accessories
- Extensive Location Scouting and Tips for better composition, angles, and vantage points
- How To Set Up Precise Camera Gear to Capture Hard to Work With Shooting Locations
- Advanced Panoramic Photography Shooting and Stitching
- GigaPano Multi-Row Panoramic Shooting and Stitching
- Working in Urban Environments and Proper Gear Setup and Control
- Solid Neutral Density Filters and Softening Skies and Water
- How to Use Smart Phone Apps to Precisely Plan Your Night and Astro-Photography
- Capturing Stars and Star Trails Over Urban Environments
- Understanding and Mastering Light (Golden Hour, Blue Hour, Sunrise and Sunset, and Astro)
- Time Blending (combining exposures shot at different times)
- Bracketing and Multiple Exposure Blending
- 100% Manual Exposure Blending using Zero HDR Software
- Blending Different Moments in Time Together (Blending Different Times of Day Seamlessly)
- Non-Destructive Techniques to Master RAW Processing
- Extensive Non-Destructive Color Correction and Image Adjustment
- Complex Selections and Masking Techniques
- How to Create and Work With Luminosity Masking Techniques
- Advanced Luminosity Masking
- Compound Channel Masking for Precision Selections and Color Corrections
- Advanced Object Removal and Image Cleanup
- How to Replace Skies and Add Depth and Drama to Existing Ones
- Precision Sharpening and Selective Noise Reduction
Watch the Introduction Video : (Photographing the World 3)
Direct download links 31 GB :
CGArchives Is The Best