Ornamental Designs in Houdini
Ornamental Designs in Houdini : This training covers various procedural methods on creating ornamental patterns and designs in Houdini. The methods includes standard procedural modeling, L-systems and voronoi fracture to generate a variety of patterns.
The idea behind this training is try and procedurally build a variety of ornamental elements which would the modeling process simpler for complex pattern building.
ontent Details – 7 Video Chapters (with Audio) : Duration – 130 mins
lesson plan :
- Copy stamping – An introduction to the 3 different copy nodes in Houdini and the use of copy stamping
- Basic Leaf – Building a basic leaf using wrangle sop
- Basic Leaf variations – Building various designs from the basic leaf
- Leaf complex – Building a more complex ornamental leaf design using copy stamping and vdb
- Flower – Building a controllable flower petal shape and using that to build a variety of flowers
- Phyllotaxis – How to make a phyllotaxis pattern without complex math and using ti build sunflower seed pattern and a rose.
- Cylindrical Phyllotaxis – Making a vertical phyllotaxis pattern for building pine cones or floral pillar designs.
Content Details – 8 Video Chapters (with Audio) : Duration – 140 mins
lesson plan :
- L-system basics – Understanding the basics of L-systems to help build more complex designs.
- L-system patterns 1 – Building a couple of patterns using l-systems and copy stamping.
- L-system patterns 2 – Building repeating l-system patterns for wallpapers or texture purposes.
- Helix – Building a helix using copy stamping.
- Corinthian leaves – Making the corinthian column leaf element using all the various techniques learnt in the training
- Spirograph – Making a simple spirograph without complex math.
- Voronoi pattern – Building patterns using voronoi fracture.
- Corinthian Column – Looking at the final corinthian column file to see how it was built.
Watch the Introduction Video:
Direct download links 2.4 GB :
CGArchives Is The Best