Mech Hard Surface Texturing
MM44 Part 2 – Mech Hard Surface Texturing with Substance Painter : On this Tutorial I’ll show you how I texture my MM44 Mecha with Substance Painter in about 9H of video. The idea is to show you how to texture a complex model, in Hard Surface style, with a lot of UDIM and for VFX render. I’ll show you how to achieve the finest texture look, and try to break the “procedural” Substance looks.
- In the first part I’ll show you my workflow to Unfold all UVs of the model in about 1H30. We’ll take a look at the news UVToolkit and Unfold/Layout UV of the MM44.
- Next I’ll show you how to prepare and export it to Substance (prevent border smoothing, ID maps, Udim, texture set etc…)
- Then in Substance we will create our own SmartMaterial from scratches, with the help of external textures.
- After I’ll show you the perfect workflow between Substance Painter and Arnold 5 to reproduce the exact same shader.
- The last part is more about different tips. How to analyse you image, make retakes, adjustment, refinement, found solution, lighting techniques, presentation etc…
- You have two variants of this Tutorial. One with the model and final scene and one without. (It’s also can be bought separately here)
- It’s a fully English record Tutorial without any speed-up.
- This is the Part 2, I invite you to look at the Part 1 with about 15Hrs of video modeling this guy.
- Even if it’s easy to follow this is not a beginner Tutorial but more an intermediate one. The basics of Maya, Substance and Arnold are recommended.
- Please note that all my workflow use here, my scripts, tools, resources, custom etc are explain in depth in my Fuze Tutorials.
The model is based on a Benoit Godde’s concept. (MM44 Part 2)
Pictures of this course :
Watch the Introduction Video :
Direct download links 14 GB :
CGArchives Is The Best