Low poly game assets
Low poly game assets using Blender 2.8 & Substance Painter : For games polygon count is important and the lesser it is, the better. But we need to have game assets that look detailed in terms of textures without having high polygon count.
- Familiarity with 3D in general and some familiarity with Blender will be an asset but not mandatory. The course explains all steps whether working in Blender or Substance Painter.
In this course, together we’ll learn how to achieve the look of high poly game assets using Substance Painter while we’ll build low poly game assets in Blender 2.8.
In Blender 2.8, we’ll :
- Learn to use Blender 2.8 and common keyboard shortcuts
- Model low poly game assets using different modeling techniques i.e. inset, extrude, bevel
- Make use of Blender modifiers to make modeling process easy
- Uv-unwrap low poly game assets
- Transfer uv-map between similar 3d models
We’ll spend a lot of time in Substance Painter to create :
- Base texture details
- Roughness, normal and height information
- Scratches, edge wear, dirt and rust
Together, we’ll model & texture three game assets :
- Wooden Skid
- Traffic cone
By the end of this, you’ll be able to use Blender 2.8 to create your own low poly game assets.
While in terms of modeling, course is targeted at beginners, training on substance painter is useful for artists of all levels.
Who this course is for :
- The course is intended for you if you are interested in becoming a game artist with a focus on modeling and texturing low poly game assets
- If you use/intend to use Blender 2.8 & Substance Painter as main tools for modeling & texturing of low poly game assets
What you’ll learn
- Get comfortable working in Blender 2.8
- Low poly game assets modeling in Blender 2.8
- Unwrapping low poly game assets in Blender 2.8
- Transferring UV map between similar models/meshes or objects
- Exporting low poly game assets from Blender 2.8 for texturing in Substance Painter
- Get comfortable in using Substance Painter
- Detailed texturing of low poly game assets in Substance Painter
- Creating layers of textures in Substance Painter to give a look of high poly assets
Watch the Introduction Video :
Direct download links 2.6 GB :
CGArchives Is The Best