Learn to Create 3D Character Art
Learn to Create 3D Character Art with Cinema 4D : This course and its creator are not affiliated with, maintained, endorsed or sponsored by Unity Technologies or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial course.
- No prior C4D experience is required. If you have worked in other modeling programs before, the concepts applied are universal.
- In this course, I will walk you through installing Cinema 4D on your computer. It will be helpful if you are comfortable with installing your own software.
- A basic understanding of 3D art will facilitate comprehension of certain concepts.
- Before beginning this course, you should have a little experience working in Photoshop like programs.
This course is authorized by, and made in partnership with, Maxon, creators of Cinema 4D
If you are interested in developing amazing, commercial quality game art on a variety of platforms, then you’ve come to the right place. This course is the only one of its kind that is approved by Maxon on Udemy. What better way to learn how to develop game art in Cinema 4D than with their authorized course? “Learn to Create 3D Character Art with Cinema 4D” introduces you to Cinema 4D (C4D), a very popular 3D program, used in advertising, design, architecture, movies, the commercial VFX industry, broadcasting, motion graphics, and now, games and visualization. This course dives into creating your first 3D character using all of the amazing tools provided inside the standard version of C4D.
In this Cinema 4D course, you will:
- Build a custom 3D character
- Unwrap the character’s UV channel using C4D’s UV mapping tools
- Paint our characters in 2D and 3D modes simultaneously using Bodypaint
- Paint on individual channels separately to achieve a high level of accuracy
- Use the new sculpting features to apply high-polygon sculpting data while maintaining our low-poly game character
- Customize hair on our game character
- Rig, weight, and animate using Mixamo
- Deliver our character in an optimized state into Unity using FBX tools in C4D
- And more!
This authorized Cinema 4D course also includes a handful of interactive challenges, (new content added frequently) where you can test your knowledge with concepts you’ve just learned. These challenges will be a great way to review the techniques discussed and help ensure that complicated techniques such as UV Unwrapping, Sculpting, and Bodypaint are easily grasped and become second nature. By the end of this course, you will bring this character into Unity, apply its materials and animations, and press play to see your game character come to life.
Why Learn Character Art in Unity Using C4D?
The gaming industry is a $100 billion industry worldwide. By 2020, that number is expected to near $120 billion. With Unity being the most widely used engine to develop games across multiple platforms, there has never been a better time to get into the field. As an artist, your value to the game development pipeline is extremely important. The visuals you create can make or break a game. Unless a consumer is familiar with a game, the first impression they get is through the graphics. If you create stunning visuals and optimize assets, you will very likely be a key player in the game’s success. Upon completion of this course, you will be able to build assets not only for games, but also for online sales via the Asset Store. The skills gained in this course can be applied to the world of advertising, marketing, VFX, and architecture, in addition to game development. This course aims to take an intimidating subject and make it beginner friendly, approachable, and engaging. Together, we will walk through UV Unwrapping, Sculpting, and Bodypaint to help you achieve a greater understanding of 3D art concepts that you can use to further your career as a Video Game Artist.
Why Learn From Me
This is the first and only Cinema 4D course aimed at game development that has been endorsed by Maxon. I have been a guest speaker for Maxon USA for years at major trade/convention shows and am an adamant supporter of their technologies. They believe in games, they believe in AR/VR, and they believe that Cinema 4D is the perfect tool to build beautiful game assets. This course shows my entire workflow, and if you do happen to fall behind, models that are relevant to the current tutorial have been added so you will be able to stay on course. Coming from 15 years of VFX/Mograph experience, my approach is current, relevant, and actively used today. I’ve helped others on YouTube with Cinema 4D tutorials since 2008 and though C4D is commonly used in movies, television, architecture, and design, I want to share my knowledge of how to build game art using C4D, a lesser known, but more efficient way of creating game art..
I’ve been working in Cinema 4D since version R10 (currently are on R20) and have never looked back. As a motion graphics designer, I worked for MGM Resorts International and developed/ran a team of designers who built content on marquees on the Las Vegas Strip, on the casino floor, and on in-room channels. After leaving the company, I started Renderready, LLC and have worked in commercial advertising and marketing. Clients include MGM Resorts International, Deloitte, Pepsi, Devry, Vegas Golden Knights, T-Mobile and more. Upon completing this Cinema 4D course, you will understand the basic concepts of character modeling and design. You will also learn advanced topics such as Bodypaint, Sculpting, and UV unwrapping and will be able to confidently create beautiful game art for you and your team.
Join me on this adventure today! I’ll see you inside the course.
Who this course is for:
- The ideal student for this course is someone who is interested in creating their own characters for video games and is looking for an interactive, project-based course.
- People interested in modeling, painting, and sculpting their own creation and have it come to life in a video game.
- Anyone who is seeking to become an indie or professional game artist and wants to build art that is optimized for game engines and maintains a high standard of quality.
- This course is for both beginners and experienced users. Beginners will be introduced to creating 3D characters with best practices applied and experienced users will benefit from a thorough introduction to the tools offered by C4D pertaining to UV mapping, Bodypaint, and Sculpting.
- This course is not for someone who’s interested in the 2D art pipeline or environmental art as this courses focuses on 3D character development.
Watch the Introduction Video:
Direct download links 10 GB :
CGArchives Is The Best