Introduction to Character Design
Introduction to Character Design: The Most Important Elements with Tom Bancroft : Introduction To Character Design gives you all the basic insights you need to start your journey into the world of character design including:
How to sketch
- The three (most important) elements of character design
- Rotating your character’s head in space
- Simple and complex shapes
- Breaking up the characters’ clothing into a stronger design
- Asking questions of yourself
- What is Character Design and how does it fit into the process of animation, video games, and illustration?
- Start your character design with a reason, an idea and a personality
- The basics – How to hold your pencil and asking questions.
- SHAPE Based character design
- The fundamental lesson of character design: it is made up of three concepts: Shape, Size, and Variety.
- Now introduce the concept of adding SIZE and VARIETY to your shapes.
- What about character style? Do I need one? How do I get one?
- Tom Bancroft will create sketches and walk the artist through his thought process
- Suggestions for the artist on how to continue forward with the project to take it to final.
Direct download links 0.8 GB :
CGArchives Is The Best