How to Make a 2D Platformer
How to Make a 2D Platformer in Godot Game Engine : An introductory course into game development in the Godot engine. In this course, you will learn through the example of setting up a 2D platformer, coded from scratch, and set up a working prototype that you can build from. We will create a working player controller with double jumping, wall jumping, and a bounce attack as well as two enemies that use waypoint movement and respond to area triggers. Learn how to setup projectiles as an extra way of having enemies attack your player character. For building levels out, we use the Godot tile-map system and auto-tiling for faster level building. We use gdscript as the coding language because it is very fast to test with and intuitive to write and understand similar to python. This course is meant for beginners but is code heavy as we will be writing everything ourselves. As we code, I take the time to explain every step so you can understand the logic behind making changes and not just the line of code character for character. For art assets, we prototype with Pixel Adventure 1 and 2. Links to these can be found with the first video in the course for you to use to follow along.
- Basic coding skills will help but shouldn’t be required. I do try to explain every line of code to be very understandable in a non-technical way.
Who this course is for:
- Beginners getting started with game design and development who want a quick start
- Those looking to build a platformer, a 2d game, work with pixel art, or who want to learn a free game engine
- Anyone looking to become more familiar with the Godot game engine
What you’ll learn
- Learn the basics of coding in the Godot engine using gdscript
- Learn how to setup movement scripts for players and enemies in a sidescrolling platformer
- Build levels using auto tiling tilemaps inside of Godot
- Understand game design concepts like inheritance, instancing, and scenes
Direct download links 3.8 GB :
CGArchives Is The Best