Houdini realistic dynamic clouds
Houdini realistic dynamic clouds – VFX GRACE : With a total of 19 lessons and about 10 hours in duration, this tutorial covers the basic knowledge and two practical scene cases, including reference analysis, fluid simulation, scene setup, lighting, materials, rendering, and final compositing.
First of all, I will analyze how clouds form and their characteristics based on the reference. From the real perspective, I’ll lead you to simulate a single dynamic cloud in Pyro. In the basic part, I will explain how to make a cloud from scratch, how to find and solve problems, and how to make analysis and adjustment step by step based on the reference. With this part completed, you’ll have a solid understanding of controlling the cloud dynamics in Pyro.
After mastering the dynamic cloud simulation, we’ll focus on how to make the rolling clouds and the clouds sea timelapse, from scene setup all the way to final rendering and compositing. In the case of the rolling clouds, I will first analyze the reference with you, demonstrate how to split and make the clouds in the scene, and how to control different shapes of the cumulus clouds. Then I’ll tell you how to use copy stamp, how to use the wedge node for random simulation in batches, and how to adjust the materials and lighting based on the reference. Finally, I will explain the common parameters involved in mantra rendering volumes, how to optimize rendering, as well as the multiple channels required for post-compositing. Meanwhile, I will also share my experience and some tips. After completing this section, you will definitely become more skilled in cloud control, and grasp the general process of making cloud scenes.
In the case of the clouds sea timelapse, I will take you to create and composite a large scene of the clouds sea. You’ll know the techniques and methods of making and setting magnificent scenes, as well as the practical composition knowledge needed for the scene placement, and also how to use instance to create clones in a large quantity. I will adjust the materials, lighting, and rendering under ACES color space, perform multi-channel output, and show you how to customize Cryptomatte channels, which will be conducive to the compositing. Until then, you will be capable of making large cloud scenes on your own.
From the basics to practical cases, this tutorial is suitable for all levels. Whether you are a beginner, or a seasoned FX artist, it will be a nice choice for you. If you are interested in creating large cloud scenes with Houdini, join me and let’s dive right in!
- 1.1 Briefly Analyze How Clouds Form
- 1.2 How to Create a Volume Source
- 1.3 How to Create a Basic DOP Network
- 1.4 How to Simulate Dynamics: Add Details
- 1.5 How to Simulate Dynamics: Speed up Dynamics
- 1.6 How to Promote Dynamics: Flexibly Control the Force Field
- 1.7 How to Tweak Dynamics Further: Analyze and Add Noise
- 2.1 Case1 Simulation: Enlarge the Volume Source
- 2.2 Case1 Simulation: Flexibly Tweak the Clouds’ Shape and Build the Scene
- 2.3 Case1 Simulation: Sim Other Elements in Batches
- 2.4 Case1 Build the Scene, How to Use Copy
- 2.5 Case1 Material, Light, Render, and Optimization
- 2.6 Case1 Compositing
- 3.1 Case2 Simulate Foreground Clouds
- 3.2 Case2 Build Foreground
- 3.3 Case2 Build Midground
- 3.4 Case2 Build Background
- 3.5 Case2 Render
- 3.6 Case2 Compositing
Watch the Introduction Video :
Direct download links 2.6 GB :
CGArchives Is The Best