Gears of Houdini
Gears of Houdini tutorial : This training is primarily aimed at beginners. Its main purpose is to create fully parametric custom gear and then convert them to Digital Assets.
In the second part of the training we look at how to animate the Gear and also create custom materials for it and finally light and render the Gears.
part 1 – making a digital asset
Content Details – 4 Video Chapters (with Audio)
Duration – 56 mins
- Gear Basic – We start by creating the basic gear design.
- Gear Holes – We create the second type of gear required. We use the basic elements that we created in the previous chapter to make the process faster.
- Gear Spokes – We create the third and final gear type required for the project.
- Digital Asset – We create custom parameters required to control our Gears and finally convert it to a Digital Asset.
part 2 – animation, lights and materials
Content Details -4 Video Chapters (with Audio)
Duration – 1 hr 2 mins
- Animation – Creating a a simple keyframe animation for the gears and then controlling the rotation mathematically.
- Lighting – Setting up the lighting and the HDR required for reflections and setting up Mantra.
- Plastic Shader- We create a slightly old looking plastic shader using the occlusion node.
- Metal Shader – We create a brushed metal shader and again use the occlusion shader to add dirt.
Pictures of this course :
Watch the Introduction Video :
Direct download links 422 MB :
CGArchives Is The Best