Character Concept Art
Creating Appealing Characters in 3D : Want to learn how to capture the magic of an appealing 2D design or concept, and transfer it into your 3D work? We’ll show you how in our new class taught by animation professional, Dylan Ekren.
By combining 2D character design fundamentals and principles with 3D tools, you will learn to think like a designer while you sculpt, and build up a set of mental tools to help you create appealing characters with confidence. With weekly lessons and private, personalized critiques, you will improve your ability to create characters with lasting appeal.
What You’ll Learn :
- 2D Design principals and how they translate to 3D using ZBrush.
- Modeling large to small, focusing on broad strokes before details.
- Project based assignments geared towards developing your eye.
- Finding and improving appeal in your sculpt.
- Posing and presenting your character.
- How to keep the appeal of a 2D concept design in your 3D sculpture.
- How to perfectly pan-sear a steak.
- What to expect upon completing this class :
The skills to move onto more advanced 3D modeling and 3D Printing classes.
- A Certificate of Completion, available upon request. Must have completed 6 out of the 8 assignments to qualify.
Who should take this class?
- Character Artists who have some experience in ZBrush and want to take their skills to the next level.
- Experienced traditional sculptors who need to improve their ZBrush skills to increase their productivity.
- Students wanting personalized feedback and mentoring from a professional instructor.
- People who want to develop characters for toy design, figurines and maquettes.
- 3D modelers who want to develop a portfolio geared towards the Animation industry.
- Intro and Fundamentals of 2D design
- Blocking a character efficiently
- Refinement and secondary form
- Head and face
- Hands and Feet
- Accessories and Misc
- Paint and presentation
Pictures of this course :
Direct download links 3.9 GB :
CGArchives Is The Best