MudBun: Volumetric VFX Mesh Tool is a real-time volumetric VFX mesh tool. It procedurally generates meshes from non-destructive “brushes” that define shapes, distortion, and surface modification. MudBun is intended for localized VFX, but it can also be used for volumetric modeling and provides a convenient auto-rigging feature. Locked meshes, including auto-rigged ones, can be exported using Unity’s official FBX exporter package.
There are various render & meshing modes available with different styles & characteristics. Supported meshing modes include: marching cubes (balanced), dual quads (faster & stylized), surface nets (can blend to/from dual quads), and dual contouring (slower, excels at preserving sharp features, can blend to/from dual quads).
MudBun can be used to create organic-looking meshes, which makes it a great combo with Boing Kit, a tool for producing organic bouncy effects.
MudBun is customizable. Users can extend the framework to create custom brush shapes, distortion brushes, modifier brushes, and shaders. It is also possible to define custom rigging logic for the auto-rigging feature.
Using a special data representation, MudBun frees users from worrying about the constraints of a finite voxel grid when working within typical game settings.
Features (details with animations):
- Volumetric mesh generation & modeling.
- Built-in VFX & primitive brushes.
- Distortion & modifier brushes.
- User-defined custom brushes.
- Brush groups (compound brushes).
- Render modes: smooth mesh, flat mesh, circle splats, quad splats, decal, ray-marched surface (experimental & URP only)
- Meshing modes: marching cubes, dual quads, surface nets, dual contouring.
- Brush operators: union, subtract, intersect, dye, cull inside, cull outside, no-op.
- Dynamic voxel density.
- 2D Mode.
- Mesh collider generation.
- Mesh locking & auto-rigging.
- Mesh auto-smoothing.
- Automatic vertex welding of generated mesh.
- SDF texture generation (for GPU particle collision). Smooth corners for dual contouring.
- Render pipelines supported: built-in RP, URP, HDRP, and custom RP.
- Custom Amplify Shader Editor nodes.
- Borderless voxel workspace.
- GPU memory budgeting & auto adjustment.
Watch the Introduction Video :
Direct download links 12 MB :
CGArchives Is The Best