Mtree – tree creation : Mtree is a powerful tree creation tool for the unity editor.
Compatible with HDRP and LWRP. Follow instructions inside the documentation in order to use Mtree in different SRPs.
Every game needs vegetation, and while there are numerous vegetation packs for sale on the asset store, nothing beats the usefulness of having total control over the look and performance of the assets.
Mtree will not only create beautiful looking vegetation, it will streamline your workflow by removing the need of modelling, unwrapping, importing your vegetation models from another software, and doing it all over again when you need to change a small detail. With Mtree, there will be less iterations over your models, and they will be quicker.
Mtree trees are made in unity, for unity, the material is right, the dimensions are right, and everything is simple.
Moreover, a good mesh is not enough in order to have a believable vegetation asset, you need a good shader, a good wind displacement solution, and vertex data to feed those; Mtree will answer every one of these needs.
Mtree offers an intuitive, simple, yet complete solution for crafting AAA trees in a matter of minutes.
With Mtree you can:
- Create a trunk of any shape.
- Add branches, grow them, split stem, add more branches.
- Add leafs of any shape.
- Bake the ambient occlusion in the vertex data.
- Control the polygon count, get the most out of the fewest triangles.
- Create Branches textures from a single leaf texture with the Branch Editor.
- Save your finished tree as a prefab that is convenient to use.
What Mtree will do for you:
- Automatically create LOD levels.
- Create and assign materials to the bark and leaves of your trees.
- Make branches react to the colliders of your scene.
- Create and render a billboard when you save the tree as prefab.
- Bake the ambient occlusion when you save the tree as prefab.
- Create vertex color data that will be used to drive the wind simulation and random color variation.
And most of all, Mtree will create realistic looking trees by default !
What Mtree does, it does it well.
Why use Mtree and not the unity tree creator ?
Because creating trees with unity’s default tool is a pain. Making a realistic and good looking tree with the standard tree creator is possible, but hardly ever done because the tool is not user friendly, does not produces realistic results by default, and has an unintuitive LOD system. Mtree offers PBR shaders, prefabs with LOD groups, and good looking results; basically what users want.
Pictures of this Game Development :
Watch the Introduction Video :
Direct download links 116 MB :
CGArchives Is The Best