Creating Character Driven Illustration
Creating Character Driven Illustration : Illustration is the art of conveying an idea or a story moment in a one single image. Without the help of time, dialogue or sound effects like in an animated film, an artist needs to focus on the elements at their disposal to successfully convey their idea.
You will learn exactly how to tackle these elements with Kenneth’s help to create fascinating scenes that make viewers want to dive right in! He will lead you through each stage of his illustration process, break it down clearly for those who are entirely new to character design. You’ll be creating your own fantasy worlds in no time!
In this course, you will learn the essential principles that will transform your art into dynamic illustrations that come alive, as well as discover useful tricks which professional artists use to come up with ideas, save time while drawing and use lighting and color to set the tone and create drama.
If you’d like to have a sneak peek of what’s in store, click on the preview buttons below and watch Kenneth do his magic.
- This course is not software specific – the principles and ideas would apply in any software or medium. (Kenneth uses Photoshop in his teaching)
- A basic knowledge of art principles and drawing experience is recommended to get the most of our this course
What you’ll learn
- Develop an illustration out of a key story moment
- Use reference as an aid to develop your idea
- Sketch thumbnails to map out and decide on the design
- Learn to create unique characters and good character interactions for visual interest
- Use lighting and color to set the mood and create drama
- How to create focal points and lead the eye to key parts of the illustration
- Discover the different types of light sources and when to use them
Who is this course for
- For beginner level to experienced artists who want to learn the essential elements of illustration and discover helpful methods to streamline their workflow
- For those who want to create dynamic artwork for comics, video games or animated feature films.
Watch the Introduction Video :
Direct download links 3.3 GB :
CGArchives Is The Best