VFX Color Grading and Re-Lighting
VFX Color Grading and Re-Lighting in Nuke – NK404 : NK404! The fourth part in Alex’s Nuke series on Udemy, this time with a massive 8 hour course about advanced color grading and layering techniques. Take your VFX Compositing to the next level.
- Have Nuke 12 installed
- Have a working computer
- Have an internet speed high enough to download the project file (A few gigabytes).
- Have at least 5GB storage.
Why learn from this course?
It’s easy to learn Nuke nodes, not so much artistic and visual concepts and techniques to build complex composites. This class heavily leans into learning more in depth about the artistic side of color, balance, highlights and shadow, and how to balance them all together. By re-lighting a scene from day to night entirely, you are forced to combine all of these techniques!
Not only are you getting an 8 hour class for a bargain price, but you are being taught by an industry professional who knows the proper workflows!
Your instructor has worked on feature films such as:
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find them
….And many more.
What is this class about?
Light, color, and combining merge operations in Nuke to re-light a scene!
First, what do I need to know entering this course?:
- A basic understanding of Nuke and Nuke’s interface
- Knowledege about the basic nodes in nuke, and beginner level color correction concepts
- Beginner level knowledge on the 3d system in Nuke
- Beginner / intermediate knowledge of CG compositing
What skills will I learn?
- Creating a day to night scene
- Gradient Re-mapping Techniques in Nuke
- Color Balance and Color Scheme
- Studying Reference
- Physics of Light and Glossiness
- Stacking Different Merge Operations
- Highlight stacking Techniques
- Advanced color grading techniques
- 2d and 3d techniques for re-lighting
- 2d and 3d techniques for creating reflections
- Creating and using depth maps
- Splitting an image using math operations to control different aspects
- Glow stacking techniques, and artistic concepts related
- Structuring a composite and templating assets
- Lining up and model-building a scene
- Creating and layering atmosphere elements
What projects do I get to work on in this course?:
This course will walk you through my composite of the shot shown in the preview. I have split the class into “practical sessions” as well as “theory” and follow along sections. This ensures you can actually apply what you are learning when we go over techniques, but also follow along in different areas!
Who this course is for:
- Beginners / Intermediate users learning Nuke but already have a foundational understanding of the 2d and 3d system in nuke
- People who have already taken NK101, NK202, NK303, Photo-Real Elements — my previous classes
- Individuals looking for a deeper education in Compositing for a bargain price
Note: You will be required to sign up and download the project files if you want to follow along with this class
Who this course is for:
- Beginner to Intermediate Compositors
- Learning Compositors who have taken my other beginner Nuke courses (Nk101, 202, 303, Photoreal Elements).
- Students learning visual effects
- Anyone looking to improve their artistic eye, or learn deeper coloring techniques
Watch the Introduction Video :
Direct download links 6 GB :
CGArchives Is The Best