Runtime Spawn System
Runtime Spawn System for Unity : In this course you will learn how to build your own in-game spawn system for Unity which will allow you to create modding tools for your games, level editors or any kind of app that allows the user to decorate 3D worlds with objects. You will be walked through the process of building the scripting API that will contain the spawn functionality. Techniques such as surface snapping, axis alignment, drag spawn, mouse rotation/scale will be discussed and also a basic Undo/Redo system will be presented. Towards the end of the course, we will also implement 3 spawn effects in the form of C# scripts that can be attached to game objects. A spawn effect is executed when an object is spawned in the scene and there are 3 effects that we will discuss and implement: bounce, rotate and scale.
- Solid C# programming skills
- Students should be familiar with Unity
- Student should have a good grasp of 3D math programming (mostly vectors, rays, planes)
- Windows 8/10
- Unity 2018 or later
The final result is a solid spawn API that can serve as a great starting point for your own level editor/modding apps, RTS games or any application that allows the user to spawn objects in the scene.
Who this course is for:
- Intermediate level Unity developers who would like to build level editors or modding tools for their games or any kind of app that allows users to spawn objects in a 3D environment.
What you’ll learn
- Implementation of a runtime/in-game spawn system for the Unity game engine
- Surface snapping
- Axis alignment
- Mouse rotation/scale/offset
- Drag spawn
- Spawn effects (bounce, rotate, scale)
Watch the Introduction Video :
Direct download links 4.8 GB :
CGArchives Is The Best