Environment Art: World Building 101 : Whether you are in school or self taught, learning all the skills you need to prepare yourself to succeed as an Environment Artist can be daunting.
In this course, Henry Kelly will help you simplify that task by demonstrating proven strategies that he uses in production every day.
This World Building 101 course will consist of ten weeks of demonstrations and reviews. You’ll learn core game artist skills and be part of a community of artists all working to achieve next level quality in their work.
Most importantly, You’ll learn how to leverage amazing software like Substance Designer and professional workflows to create a portfolio ready real-time environment that will impress.
What you’ll learn
In this course, students will create a game level from scratch using Render-Ready game engine CryEngine 5. The course will cover 3D modeling, object placement and layout basics, foliage systems, and lighting systems. The course will help students better understand level and environment workflows, as well as how level designers, game designers, and environment artists fit into the game pipeline.
Estimated time for course work: 8-10 hours per week
By the end of the course, you’ll:
- Know how to model for 3D Environments and apply a modular approach to scene creation.
- Know how to create optimized and realistic vegetation and foliage for outdoor environments.
- Have designed your own spectacular materials using the latest software, such as Substance Designer, and the latest procedural techniques.
- Have setup and lit your own scene in the newly revamped and render-ready game engine of Cry Engine 5.
Build a portfolio of real-world projects
This course is perfect for:
- Mid-level environment artists looking to take the next steps in their career
- Skilled artists who want to focus on building specific skills
- Game artists who want to add to their portfolio while receiving feedback along the way
This course is the best way to start or expand a real portfolio while getting started as an environment artist. Working with one of the top working professionals in the game industry, you’ll build your own game level using the latest software in the industry. Don’t know what those are? Don’t worry, your mentor will teach you 1-on-1.
Our Industry-Standard curriculum is built together with today’s best artists to bring you the highest quality training possible. Achieve your dreams today.
- Creating Foliage
- Techniques to obtain textures
- Create materials to use in assets
- Create smaller foliage pieces for a scene
- Engine Function
- Create a new level
- Import assets into the level
- Set up materials and textures
- Terrain Materials
- Create materials used for terrain, grass, mud, etc.
- Use Substance Designer
- Use online sourced photos
- Use SpeedTree to create tree sets
- Import trees into the engine
- Use Marmoset to create LOD billboards
- Basic Scene
- Create the basic scene
- Block out the level
- Prepare for production
- Foliage & Roads
- Continue with foliage
- Create a road / Use a road tool in the engine
- Difference between static mesh roads and decal roads
- Learn about the river tool
- Set up river tools and river meshes
- Build rivers in the scene
- Rocks & Cliffs
- Focus on ZBrush
- Create rocks and cliffs
- Fine tune and polish the scene
WEEKS 9 & 10
- Capstone Project
- Explore lighting
- Optimize for performance with LOD’s and drawcalls
- Take beauty render shots
Pictures of this course : (Environment Art: World Building 101)
Direct download links 10.7 GB :
CGArchives Is The Best