Masterclass By Neftali Loria
How to Design a Room in 10 Easy Steps : Do you find yourself struggling to pull together a room in a way that is both functional and aesthetically pleasing?
Do you think that interior design is all art and no science?
If you answered yes to either or both of these questions, then this is the class for you! In this course, you will learn that you can actually use an easy, systematic approach for creating beautiful and functional designs for the primary rooms in your home, primarily focusing on family and living rooms, dining rooms, and bedrooms. (Please note that this class does not cover kitchen or bath design). This course is primarily lecture based, but does contain activities along the way to help you immediately apply what you’ve learned, as well as a quiz at the end.
By the end of this beginner course, you will be able to completely design a room end-to-end using a simple 10-step approach. Specifically, you will learn how to:
- Measure a room to maximize the use of your space and select appropriately sized furniture
- Create your ideal floor plan (various sample floor plans are provided)
- Identify your preferred interior design style(s)
- Create a cohesive interior design color scheme
- Select the appropriate sized rug and furniture for a room
- Efficiently shop for furniture online
- Create a layered lighting scheme
- Learn the secret for making off-the-shelf drapes look custom
The ideal student for this course is a person who is interested in creating functional and aesthetically pleasing rooms in their home, but does not already have a lot of knowledge in interior design.
- If you are interested in taking most or all of my courses, I have a recommended order in which to watch them (although it’s certainly not required). I would start with “How to Design a Room in 10 Easy Steps” because most of my other courses are in-depth classes of the concepts touched on in this 10 step class. Following the 10 Step Course, I suggest moving on to “How to Use Color Like a Pro”, followed by “How to Work with Interior Design Styles Like a Pro”, then “How to Use Lighting Design to Transform your Home”, and finally “Design is in the Details”. My other three courses, “How to Use Minimalist Interior Design to Live your Best Life”, “Use Eco-friendly, Sustainable Design to Improve Your Life” , and “How to Design Your Dream Kitchen” are all stand alone classes on specialty topics within interior design, and therefore, can be taken in any order.
- Please be aware that this course, or any of my courses, is not intended to provide all of the knowledge needed to become a professional interior designer. As with any professional field, there is a significant amount of education and/or experience that is needed to achieve competency in this field. My intention with these courses is to provide some solid foundational knowledge to assist either those individuals interested in “DIY” interior design to work on their own projects more effectively, or to provide supplemental education to both interior design students and professionals.
Who this course is for:
- This is best suited for individuals with limited knowledge of interior design.
- This course is for anyone who wants to learn how to create/design a well-pulled together looking room (e.g., family room, living room, dining room, and bedroom). This course does not cover interior design for kitchens or bathrooms
Direct download links 18.8 GB :
CGArchives Is The Best