Sculpting Fabric in Clay
Sculpting Fabric in Clay : Learn how to sculpt various realistic fabrics so you can “dress” your figurines in clay garments. We’ll be looking at fabrics like silk, cotton, flannel, and felt.
Discover the Shape of Fabric
Fabric is a fun challenge for the traditional sculptor. Distinct characteristics like wrinkles and folds are easy enough to shape, but to refine them appropriately to represent different kinds of fabric takes practice.Cloth_exercise-feature
What You’ll Learn
In this course I will guide you through my workflow for sculpting 4 kinds of fabric in the same context of being draped over a ball. Then I will show you several methods for sculpting fabric in the context of a free-flowing flag. Along the way you’ll learn how to:
- Observe fabric characteristics through slow-motion video.
- Sculpt wrinkles and maintain sharp details with tools.
- Fabric via clay over wiremesh.
- Fabric via clay over wiremesh (dipping method).
- Fabric via plain castilene (sheet method)
- Castilene over fabric (dipping method)
Watch the Introduction Video :
Direct download links 233 MB :
CGArchives Is The Best